What does this process look like?
The process is as follows:
- You create a repair.
- A mechanic in your area places an offer.
- You accept/reject that offer.
- If you accept the offer, you will be asked to make a payment via credit/debit card.
- Once a payment is successful, the mechanic that placed the offer will be notified.
How do I get started?
- First, enter the location details for the bike repair by going to the settings page (click the gear icon in the top right) and typing in your address.
- At the bottom of the settings page, there is a blank for you to provide a description. This is a great place to provide details that the mechanic may need, such as: a gate code if you live in a gated community, a bike lock PIN if you plan on leaving your bike on a lock outside for the mechanic to service, warnings of pets to beware of, etc.
- Now you are ready to create a repair! How do I create a repair?
Are the mechanics vetted?
Yes! Any new user that applies to be a mechanic is required to submit their past/present experience for review before they are permitted to place offers on any repairs.
My mechanic never arrived/did not repair my bike. What now?
We hope that this never happens to anyone and we take it very seriously. If you you created and paid for a repair and either the mechanic
- Did not arrive.
- Did not perform the repair that you posted.
How do I create a repair?
The "Create Repair" form will ask a variety of questions that will provide information to mechanics to help them prepare for the repair. If at any point you do not know the answer to a question, you can choose 'Not sure/other'. At the end of the form you will be asked to provide a detailed description of what the issue is. This is important to fill out in case the form missed any relevant details.
Next, you will be required to specify a time-range for the mechanic to come service your bicycle. Wider time ranges will likely receive more offers from mechanics in the area.
Once the form is submitted we will alert mechanics in your area and notify you via email and through the website when an offer has been made!